Monday, May 18, 2009

Lit Trips

When I traveled around Europe after high school, I carefully chose books that suited my adventure. I was compelled to begin my trip by reading Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities because London and Paris were my first two destinations. My experience in the actual cities in which Dickens' tale took place added immensely to my enjoyment and understanding of the novel. Although it's not possible to provide that experience for students, Lit Trips is the next best thing.

Lit Trips is a tool that teachers can use to teach some of the greatest literature. Lit Trips utilizes the power of Google Earth to map out the journey's of some classic fictional characters. While reading Candide by Voltaire, follow along his European journey with maps, pictures, videos, and historical artifacts. Lit Trips can help students understand, appreciate, and connect to literature that is otherwise distant and foreign.

Visit Lit Trips for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment